Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

French Fridays With Dorie

Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky Rice with Spinach

The title is correct!! Creamy cheesy comfort food. It kind of reminded me of risotto. This is the first of my participation in the French Fridays With Dorie. I have been a fan of her books and recipes for a while. Today I had all the ingredients and have been wanting to try this dish.

I thought this recipe  would work well. I  had all the ingredients on hand, including a bag of fresh organic spinach. Truly I could have eaten the cooked spinach by itself!! The recipe was really easy to follow.

I thought it was delicious. It was a bit too creamy for my husbands taste. I served it about a half an hour after it was made. It would have been better had we eaten it right away. All in all it was a success and I would make it again.

I highly recommend it!

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the group, I'm glad you enjoyed the rice and would make it again;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the group...like me you are going to make this again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard!
    Glad your first recipe was a hit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the warm welcome. I am a novice at this and still trying to figure it out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Debby! This was a delicious first recipe to start with. I can't wait to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you've joined us - it's a lot of fun and we all seem to learn something new each week. Sorry the rice wasn't a home run for you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to French Fridays! I've been at it abuot 6 weeks and am having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete