Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Birthday Cake



I get bored easily. I like to try new recipes, and I use birthdays and other special occasion as reasons try new things. Last year I made my husband a variation on one of his favorites, Boston cream pie, Boston Cream Cheesecake. He loved it so much he said he never wanted another birthday cake.  My heart sank. I like change, but the cake was really good.  So this year I honored the request and made the same cake.
The recipe came from the Kraft Foods Website. I altered it a bit by using Gale Gands Ganache recipe from her recipe for Boston Cream Pie.  It is a fairly simple. First you partially bake a single yellow layer cake in a 9-inch spring form pan. When it is cool you top it with a cheesecake batter and bake again. The cheesecake recipe calls for a cup of sour cream, I was a little short so I added some Fage Non Fat Greek Yogurt. It was delicious!

 Recipe:

Boston Cream Cheesecake Recipe

Ganache Recipe



No comments:

Post a Comment